PPI claims and the process of making one needn’t be complicated. If you’re looking for tips on how to claim PPI yourself, look no further.
With the PPI deadline set for 29th August 2019, starting a PPI claim as soon as possible gets more important with each passing day. Understandably, then, people have lots of questions about PPI claims and how to make a claim that gives them the best chance of succeeding quickly.
It is possible to claim PPI yourself, although we would recommend using a reputable PPI claims company to take the hassle out of claims. Take the weight off of your shoulders by working with Canary Claims, a top PPI claims company.
However, we’re eager to help you make a claim in whatever way you wish. So, in this post, we tell you how you can claim PPI yourself.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Claim PPI Yourself
- Find out if you had PPI. If you have paperwork and PPI is on there but you do not remember agreeing to it, or know that you were forced to buy it, you can start your claim right away. But, even if you remember buying it, you could still make a claim due to the Plevin ruling. If over 50% of your PPI sale was a commission, you can make a claim if this was not disclosed to you.
- If you cannot find the paperwork, you can contact an independent creditor, the bank, or a PPI claims company to find out for you. You will need details such as a full name, address, and the lender who you bought a mortgage from, credit card, store card or loan with.
- You can use a free PPI calculator to find out how much you could be owed by your bank or lender.
- Contact the bank or provider, stating that you believe PPI was mis-sold to you. Some bank websites do allow you to make a claim online. Include all the relevant information: full name, PPI policy number and when you bought the product. You must also explain the reason for the claim. Was it due to commission (Plevin) or because it was mis-sold to you?
- The bank should first reply and acknowledge that they have received your PPI claims. After you have received this letter, they should reply with a response within 8 weeks. If your claim is successful, congratulations! If not, you might be able to contact the Financial Ombudsman to make an appeal. Be aware that referring a case to the FOS can take up to two years to be resolved.
Should you use a PPI Claims Company?
Now you know how to claim PPI yourself. But, many people choose to use a PPI claims company to make a claim on their behalf. Why?
- We discover if you had PPI – Some people really had no idea that they bought PPI. The reason the PPI scandal has been so controversial is due to the product being added without the buyer’s consent, or even being called something else on statements. The experts at Canary Claims can easily find out this information for you. Even if you don’t have much information about the account or product, we will be able to uncover this information.
- A PPI claims company saves you time – Handing the claim over to a company means you have more free time in what is, for many of us, a very busy life. Our team will deal with all the communication from the bank in a swift manner and we keep you up to date every step of the way.
- We can find the correct contact – Many banks, lenders and credit card companies are no longer working businesses. Companies such as Egg or Bradford and Bingley, for example, no longer exist. You can still make a PPI claim, but knowing who to contact isn’t always clear. We’ve dealt with thousands of PPI claims and we know who to contact every time.
- No win, no fee means nothing to lose – As the best PPI claims company, we offer a no win, no fee policy. This means if you claim is unsuccessful, you don’t pay us a penny. With nothing to lose, there is no harm in trying!
When using a PPI claims company, always find one registered by the Claims Management Regulator. Check the terms and conditions to find a company offering a low service fee and a no win, no fee policy. Canary Claims ticks all of those boxes and offers a dedicated service from financial experts that are committed to getting you the money you’re owed.
Canary Claims offers one of the lowest fees for PPI claims at just 18% (including VAT). Find out if you had PPI today and join thousands of other happy customers.