Definitions and interpretation
All information that you submit to us or we collect from you as set out in this policy. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1988. We are registered on the Information Commissioner Office’s Register of data controllers with number ZA173539;
A small file placed on your computer (if you allow cookies) when you use this Web-site. Details of the cookies we use are included in this policy;
Claims Thru Us Limited, we or us
A company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 5512501;
UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive)(Amendment) Regulations 2011
User or you
Anyone who accesses the Web-site and is not a) employed by Claims Thru Us Limited and acting in the course of their employment or b) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Claims Thru Us Limited and accessing the site in connection with those services.
The Web-site accessible via www.canaryclaims.co.uk, the equivalent IP addresses and any sub-domains or proxy addresses (such as shortened uniform resource locators).
• the singular includes the plural and vice-versa;
• a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
• “including” means “including without limitation”;
• reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it.
4. We may collect Data (includes Personal Data) including the following from you:
• Date of birth;
• Contact information such as your address (and previous addresses), telephone numbers and email addresses;
• Financial information such as details of bank accounts, credit cards, loan arrangements and possible PPI policies;
• Information about your status with respect to bankruptcy, Individual Voluntary Arrangements, debt management and debt arrears;
• IP addresses (automatically collected);
N.B. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALTHOUGH WE COLLECT INFORMATION SUCH AS BANK DETAILS AND CREDIT CARD DETAILS TO PROCESS YOUR CLAIM(S) WE WILL NEVER ASK YOU FOR INFORMATION WHICH WOULD ALLOW US TO ACCESS ANY ACCOUNTS (E.G. PASSWORDS, CREDIT CARD SECURITY NUMBERS). YOU SHOULD ALSO NEVER VOLUNTEER SUCH INFORMATION TO US.
Our use of your Data
5. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1988, Claims Thru Us Limited is the “data controller”.
6. We will retain your Data for as long as we are providing a service to you. Where we and you enter into an agreement for services we may retain some information for seven years following the termination of any agreement we have with you.
7. We may disclose your Data to third parties solely for the purposes of providing our services to you. These will be third parties where you have expressly provided authority for us to deal with on your behalf (e.g. banks and credit card companies).
8. Unless we are obliged by law to do so, we will not disclose your Data to any other third parties.
9. Any or all of the Data may be required by us at any time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience on this Web-site. Specifically, Data may be used for the purposes of:
• internal record keeping;
• improvement of our products and services;
• providing our services to you;
Third party Web-sites and services
11. Claims Thru Us Limited may, from time to time, make use of the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Web-site. The providers of these services have access to certain limited Data as follows:
12. If you use the form on our Web-site to provide your details to us and you use the address lookup functionality, the post-code you enter is processed by a third-party company who provide an address or addresses which pertain to that post-code back to us. The post-code is retained by the third-party for six months, but no other information is shared with them.
Links to other Web-sites
14. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Changes of ownership and business control
Controlling use of your Data
16. You may restrict our use of your Data for some purposes by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our business address.
17. Should your restriction restrict our ability to provide our services to you (e.g. because you tell us not to pass your details to banks or other relevant parties), we may need to treat this as a cancellation by you of our agreement under clause 6 (b) of our Terms of Business.
Functionality of the Web-site
18. To use all features and functions of the Web-site you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
20. You have a right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Claims Thru Us Limited (where such Data is held) on payment of a fee which shall not be more than £10. You can make such a request by writing to us at our business address. To protect your privacy we cannot accept email requests for copies of such Data.
21. Information security and the security of your Data is of great importance to us and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, technical and managerial controls to safeguard Data we collect and you submit to us.
22. You use this Web-site and its facilities at your own risk.
24. All Cookies used by this Web-site are in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
26. The Web-site may place the following types of Cookies:
Analytical and performance Cookies
Cookie acceptance Cookie
How you can block or remove cookies
27. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your browser. By default, most browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details consult the help menu in your browser.
28. You can also choose to delete Cookies at any time.
29. If you choose not to accept Cookies or to delete them, some aspects of our Web-site may not function correctly for you.
30. We recommend that you ensure that your browser is up to date and that you consult help and guidance provided by your browser manufacturer for details of how to use privacy settings.
33. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy shall be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.